Last Updated: September__2020
Welcome to RS Works. RSWorks is a dynamic online service originally developed for job seekers stuck in historically low wage roles. Our service includes an online course, portal, complete with resources like industry specific content, and keyword optimized resumes to support job seekers in two ways: 1) help job counselors serve their job seeking clients more quickly and effectively; and 2) help job seekers land higher paying jobs faster.
Agreement to Terms
Our Service is only available to those at least eighteen (18) years old and by using our Service, you represent, acknowledge and agree that you are at least 18 years old and have the right, authority and capacity to agree to these terms. You agree to our use of your personal information in accordance with our Privacy Notice, which is available at https://www.rsworks.org/privacy-policy.html. Your use of the Service is subject to the Privacy Notice.
Unless you opt out of arbitration within 30 days of the date you first agree to these terms by following the opt-out procedure specified in the “Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver” section below, you agree that most disputes between you and RS will be resolved by binding, individual arbitration, and you are waiving your right to a trial by jury or to participate as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action or representative proceeding.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
All materials included in the Service, such as resume forms, questionnaires and other non-public job related resources, information, videos, graphics, articles and reports, and the software powering the Service (“Materials”), are the property of RS or its licensors and may not sold, rented, sublicensed or used in any way not permitted under these Terms. The Materials are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws.
“RSWorks” and other trademarks and logos that we use are trademarks of RS. Any third-party trademarks that appear on the Service are the property of their respective owners. You may not use any of these trademarks without express written permission from RS or the owners of any third-party trademarks.
User Feedback and Other Data
Your feedback associated with use of the Service is important to us. With respect to any content you submit or make available to RS, including within the Service or through social media channels, such as your biography, comments, reviews, pictures, videos and other content (“User Content”), you grant to RS a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable license to use, copy, distribute, publicly display, modify, create derivative works, commercialize and sublicense User Content for any legal purpose.
In the event that you submit or post any creative suggestions, proposals, or ideas about our Service (“Feedback”), you agree that Feedback will be treated as non-confidential and you assign all intellectual property rights in Feedback to RS.
- Use any manual process or robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to collect information from the Service or from other users of our Service;
- Use the Materials or other data or information from the Service for any purpose other than what is permitted under the Limited Licensed above;
- Mirror any Materials contained within the Service or any RS server or use framing techniques to enclose the Service or any part of the Service;
- Circumvent any of the technical limitations of the Service;
- Interfere with or prevent access to the Service by other users, or impose an unreasonable service request or usage load on our infrastructure;
- Change or remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices on the Materials or Service;
- Impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Use any metatags or any other hidden text incorporating RS’s name or trademarks in any online site or posting;
- Solicit, trace or otherwise collect any information from users or visitors of the Service;
- Use the Service for our own commercial activities such as using the Service to provide counseling or coaching services other than through your employer or volunteer organization, contests or advertising;
- Use the Site or Service to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others or personal contact information without their permission; or
- Create a database by downloading and storing the Materials.
Third Party Links and Service
Copyright Takedown Policy
RS respects intellectual property rights. If you believe your copyrighted work has been copied or posted on or through the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, then please contact us at email@example.com and provide the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed;
- A description of what the allegedly infringing work is;
- A description of the location where the allegedly infringing work is located on the Platform;
- An address and telephone number where you can be contacted, including an email address if possible;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in the notice is accurate and that the signatory is the copyright owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Consult your legal advisor before filing an infringement notice because there can be penalties for false claims under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
By providing your contact information, you agree to receive certain electronic communications from us. You agree that any notice, agreement, disclosure or other communication that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal notice requirements, including that such communications be in writing. All calls, emails and other communications between you and RS may be recorded.
Termination; Cooperation with Law Enforcement
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL PROVIDE CONTINUOUS, PROMPT, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE SERVICE.
Limitation of Liability and Damages
RS provides a service to support job seekers and their career counselors and coaches in creating more impactful resumes in support of finding better paying jobs faster. However, RS is not involved in the actual hiring process and we have no control over hiring decisions. In addition, we have no control over the content submitted by our users including, but not limited to, resumes, and personal information or the quality, safety, or legality of jobs you may apply for or resumes created through our Service. Therefore, we can make no representations about any job, resume, or content. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy, form, and substance of any of User Content. You also acknowledge that RS is not responsible for career decisions.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RS, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED ON UPON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT, WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
IN NO EVENT WILL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR MATERIALS EXCEED $100.
The exclusions and limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between RS and you. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Because we constantly improve the Service, we may change or discontinue any part of the Service, at any time and without notice.
- Limitations on Claims. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to RS or the Service (including without limitation the purchase of products and Service) must be commenced within one year after the claim or cause of action arises.
We would love to hear from you. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 800-590-1304 with any questions about the Platform or our products.